31 January 2010

Foxes on the move

While sitting in our kitchen drinking coffee, our neighbor Harley noticed a young red fox in the field across the road. The fox slowly trotted across the field and into the woods before I could get my camera. Within 20 minutes a second, larger, fox appeared in the same field. It's the mating season for foxes and this fox "zigzagged" across the field allowing me to get some pictures before it disappeared into the woods. A couple of hours later Harley spotted a fox crossing his lawn.



2 comments:

Cassie said...

Nice photos. Do you use a point & shoot or a more exotic camera?

Bob and Mary Beebe said...

Cassie, Thanks for the comment on the photos. I have transitioned from my 35mm SLR to a Canon PowerShot G10. The G10 is a high-end viewfinder camera for the "serious amateur photographer". This camera has many of the features of SLRs but not the weight and size. Here's a link for more info on the camera.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canong10/