26 February 2010

Digging Out

We haven't had much snow this year but we finally got enough snow to bring out the snow removal equipment. This wasn't a record snow fall but in the past 2 days we got between 16 and 22 inches of snow with some drifts over 3 feet high. Brian Hopkins tried to push the snow with his ATV plow but quickly changed to the front end loader to clean his driveway.



I got our driveway plowed in the morning before it had finished snowing. By the late afternoon the Sun came out and we saw some blue sky.


At the top of the hill, at Gordon and Barb Secor's, the snow was deeper due to the drifting.



Not everyone spent the day removing snow. The tracks of a snowmobile can be seen in Jason's field.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Lovely snow shots! I miss the snow. I guess Bonners Ferry, Idaho hasn't had much snow since we left in January. I'm ready to get back up there to some cool weather. It's become warm enough here that I can't take our dogs with me and leave them in the car while I shop during the day. A sure sign it's time to get back up north. :<)