13 September 2010

Hail Storm

Today started out as a typical mid-September day with blue sky and a few clouds. I was working at our cabin property clearing brush and a very dark cloud moved in from the northwest. Soon lightning was flashing and it started raining. I was on the tractor and headed for the barn. As I parked the tractor in the barn the rain started pouring with a few hailstone mixed in. Within minutes the ground turned white with hail and the sound of hail hitting the steel roof of the barn was deafening.

As soon as it was safe to leave the barn I headed for the Bronco and got the following picture of hail on the hood.


The hail was still falling (the streaks in photo) as I got the picture of hail on a sand pile at the barn.


A photo of the hail on the ground.



I headed to the cabin and got this photo of ground fog caused by the cold hail on the ground, the dark storm cloud and bright sunshine, all at the same time.

No comments: