02 March 2011

Seismic Survey Blast

Geokinetics was in our neighborhood today setting off some explosives in the "shot holes". We had heard some muffled "thuds" in the morning but didn't relate it to the seismic testing until later in the day. While driving past our farm property I noticed two people walking through our field and they set off a charge while I was watching. I should have had the camera ready, the explosion blew dirt 30 feet in the air. I continued to watch several more "shot hole" explosions but most were just little puffs and not much noise. I did get a video of a bigger blast from one explosion. The video was taken from at least 400 yards away with a hand held camera. The video quality isn't great but you can see two people moving in the woods just before the blast.

No comments: