05 December 2011

Smile, You're on Candid Camera

I take a lot of pictures and sometimes people aren't aware I've taken their picture. I just found a picture of me on the internet, on Google Map!

The Google Map Satellite image for our neighborhood was updated with a more current, high resolution image. The resolution is so good I was able to find myself working at our cabin property.

When I started looking at objects in the lawn at our cabin it was easy to pick out my John Deere tractor and a hay bale. I soon remembered the hay bale was only in the lawn for one day in early October when I reseeded the lawn and I was there the whole time. On closer inspection I was able to locate myself working on the lawn. (Click on photo for enlarged view)


This view shows the cabin property, our barn property, the reclaimed well pad area, access road, driveway to the cabin and even freshly mowed areas.



Since this satellite view of Rome was taken after the recent flooding it also show some of the flood damage along Wysox Creek.

No comments: