23 July 2022

Skunk Release

We had a strong thunderstorm move through the neighborhood late yesterday afternoon. The storm lasted for only one hour but dumped 1.10 inches of rain and small hail. Time to check out the garden this morning.

As I walked to the garden to pick some string beans I noticed a woodchuck strolling through the potatoes and checking the produce that was available. By the time I got the rifle from the truck the woodchuck was gone. As I approached the string beans I could see my "keep alive" trap was sprung. Maybe it was the woodchuck ...
I had placed the trap next to the beans to catch, rehabilitate, and relocate freeloading rabbits. My catch of the day wasn't a rabbit or woodchuck, but a small skunk.
After propping the door to the trap open the skunk was hesitant about leaving the trap.
The skunk eventually left the trap and headed away from the garden. I'm still looking for the woodchuck.

No comments: