29 April 2023

Spring Turkey Hunt

It was an interesting first day of the Spring turkey season. There was a light rain all night which made the start of the season wet and gloomy.

I was in my turkey blind by 5:30AM and by 6:15AM this big guy walked by and my Spring turkey hunt was over ... somewhat over. When I fired the shot I saw the turkey go down and flop into a drainage ditch, now I'll have a wet bird. 2023 Spring Turkey
When I went to retrieve the turkey from the ditch, it wasn't there. I saw it roll into the ditch, but I never saw it come out. After a few minutes of looking I found the turkey on the outflow end of a culvert pipe. The water in the drainage ditch had flushed turkey through the culvert pipe. Turkey in culvert pipe
On my drive out from the turkey blind I stopped to watch this hen turkey in a field 300 yards from where I shot my turkey. Hen Turkey
As I watched the hen walk closer to my truck I saw this big gobbler come over the crest in the hill to follow the hen. Long Beard Tom Turkey
The hen, the gobble and a deer. Turkeys and Deer

No comments: