03 June 2018

Spring Deer Hunt

With the continuing wet, rainy weather it was too wet to work in my garden or mow the lawn so I decided to go on a spring deer hunt. Instead of using a gun to shoot deer on my spring deer hunt, I use a camera. The deer are giving birth to this year's fawns and with a little luck I sometimes find new born fawns resting in the tall grass. My first encounter was this doe that was watching me.



After about another half hour of looking I found this fawn and was able to get a few pictures before it looked for a new hiding spot. From the way the fawn could run I'm guessing it's about a week old.



I must be in a good location and within 15 minutes I found this second fawn.



I was only able to get a couple of photos before this fawn ran off.



I thought I may have found a third fawn, but it turned out to be a rabbit.

No comments: