27 July 2019

Bat #4 Found

A couple of days ago I found 4 bats trapped in our garage, but was only able to catch and release 3 of the 4 bats. I had assumed the 4th bat had escaped the same way it got in the garage, until this evening when I found the bat motionless on the garage floor.



The bat didn't respond much to nudges with a net handle so I figured that after a couple of days trapped in the garage it might be dehydrated. I got a coffee can lid with water and took the bat outside to a wall. After splashing the bat in the face with water it soon started drinking.



The bat soon started to show more signs of life and more of its teeth.



After about 5 to 10 minutes on the wall the bat was on its wingtips and moving. After some wobbly attempts to fly the bat made a successful takeoff and headed for the nearby woods.

No comments: