26 June 2015

Bears in the Neighborhood

For the past week our neighbor's bird feeder has been visited by a bear. The neighbor started putting the bird feeder in his garage at night and out during the day, the bear changed its schedule to daytime visits. The neighbor then only put the feeder out while he was home and the bear then came to visit in the evening. My neighbor sent me this photo of last evening's bear visit.



This morning I found the bear's calling card ("dump") in our lawn a few feet from our front door!

Around 11:30AM I drove to our cabin property and found two bears crossing the gas pipeline right-of-way and got a photo of one of the bears.



The neighbor, with the bear problem, took a half days vacation and stopped at my barn around 12:30. He stated that the bear must know his truck since shortly after he arrived home the bear walked up his driveway looking for the feeder but his dog chased the bear away.

The two bears I saw were a half mile from the neighbors house and heading away from it. There's at least 2 or 3 bears in the neighborhood.

No comments: