07 May 2020

Spring Turkey Hunt - Day 5

I changed my turkey hunting strategy today and slept until 8:00AM, had some coffee, read the news paper, checked my email and got to my turkey blind at 10:00. It was a short day of hunting due to a 12:00 quitting time for the first two weeks of the season. Today I was hunting at the same location that I used on the first day of hunting, May 2nd. I pulled the memory card on the game camera next to this turkey blind. Here are some of the photos of what happens when I'm not there.

I didn't see anything at this spot in the morning of the first day but this bird was working the afternoon shift.



On the second day of hunting, May 4th, I was in a different turkey blind on the other side of the valley when this bird walked by during legal hunting hours.



In the afternoon of day 2, these two birds walked by the blind.



In the afternoon of day 3 this big boy stopped by to pose for a photo. That same morning I was hunting, without any luck, in another turkey blind just 200 yards north of this spot.

No comments: