03 June 2012

Fawns

While talking to a neighbor, this morning, he mentioned seeing a fawn in our lawn the day before. Since the fawn was seen in an area where a doe had raised fawns last year, I had a good idea where to look for this year's fawn.

After a few minutes of looking, I found the fawn in the tall grass. I took several photos of the fawn from just a couple of feet away. It started to rain so I decided to leave and come back after the rain stops.



When I returned, the fawn had left its "nest", so I continued searching the area. After about 15 minutes I found a fawn in its "nest". This time the fawn was laying in a better position for photos and the lighting was brighter. As I took lots of photos I could see the fawn breathe and its nose twitch.



After getting lots of photos I decided to leave the fawn alone and start walking through the tall grass and found another fawn just 20 feet away. I was only able to get 5 photos of this fawn before it jumped up and wobbled off into the brush.



A good day of deer hunting.